Opening Ceremony of Design Thinking (LeX), 2017 (19/10)
In the morning of September 12, 2017, HCMC Technical and Economic College (HOTEC) in collaboration with Singapore Polytechnic (SP) held the Opening Ceremony of LeX Design Thinking program for students. Attending the ceremony there was the presence of the Board of Rector, facilitators of SP, teachers, Head of faculties and nearly 70 students participating in the program.
Overview of the ceremony
LeX is an academic exchange program that connects students from countries with diverse backgrounds. In the program, students of HOTEC and SP will learn about the method of Design Thinking, deeply argufy, to the subject’s root, which is used throughout the program. Students participating in the program not only have the opportunity to develop academic skills and soft skills but also contribute a small part to the sustainable development of the community.
With the "Design Thinking" method, after experiencing and learning in villages, students will discuss together to find solutions to help local people improve the quality of their work, improving labor productivity as well as product quality.
This year, students of HOTEC and SP will be able to visit and learn about 3 trade villages in Phu Hoa Dong commune, Cu Chi district, Ho Chi Minh City. They are mushroom village, orchid village and rubber village. Speaking at the Opening Ceremony, Mr. Pham Duc Khiem – HOTEC Rector expressed his pleasure to welcome and coordinate with SP facilitators in the LeX Program. This will achieve many successes and through that, bring many practical contributions to people in Cu Chi district in the coming time.
Mr Pham Duc Khiem is giving a speech at ceremony
The program is scheduled to take place in 12 days (from 11/09 to 22/09/2017) and closing on 20/09/2017.
Some other photos at the ceremony
Mr. Teo Kian Hun – SP Facilitator giving a speech at the ceremony
Mr. Pham Duc Khiem presenting souvenirs to SP Facilitators
Representative of SP expressing feelings when take part in the program
HOTEC student expressing feelings at the ceremony
HOTEC and SP delegation taking photos
- MoU signing ceremony between HOTEC and Hoang Quan Group (31/08)
- Equipment reception ceremony from IECD under the project "Seeds of Hope" - Creating more opportunities to study and develop comprehensively for students. (31/08)
- Meeting Session with SeoJeong College (Korea) on International Cooperation (31/08)
- Meeting Session with Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs (07/07)
- Opening training coure Design Thinking for students (07/07)
- MoU Signing ceremony between HOTEC and Rang Dong Plastic Joint Stock Company (07/07)
- The training conference of circulars and guidance texts relating to occupation education field (01/06)
- Opening ceremony training coure Kaizen for students (01/06)
- Scientific Workshop: “Self – control form and solutions at Colleges, Vocational Schools the year 2016 – 2017” (01/06)
- Welcome Mr. Philip Alexander Dalidakis – the Minister of Victoria state (Australia) to visit the HOTEC (27/04)